In order to ensure your singer’s progress, please make every effort to attend each rehearsal and performance.
Treble: We ask each Treble singer/parent to inform the directors at least two weeks ahead if he/she will be unable to attend a performance. We also ask that we are notified (as early as possible) if a singer will be unable to attend a rehearsal, as we may need to adjust our rehearsal plans for that day. If there are excessive absences, a singer will perform at the directors’ discretion.
Harmony/Encore: Click HERE to view the Audition Choirs Attendance Policy Sheet.
Tuition and Fees
A non-refundable materials fee of $55 is due when a singer registers for Young Midlothian Singers.
Tuition may be paid yearly or by the session. (Audition choirs may also use a payment plan.)
Payments may be made by cash, check or Paypal.
- It is expected that your singer will remain with the choir for the entire season (September-May).
- In order to withdraw, directors must be notified in writing at least two weeks before the start of a new session.
- Refunds may be requested when giving advanced, written notice if yearly tuition has already been paid.
- If advanced written notice is not given, the singer is responsible for the full tuition for the year.
- No refunds will be given for a session that has already begun.
- Audition choirs require a full season commitment.
Singers are expected to treat the facility, the directors, and the other singers with respect and courtesy. All participants should behave in a manner conducive to learning and working together.
Singers should wear comfortable clothes and athletic shoes to rehearsals. Performance attire will consist of a YMS t-shirt, athlethic shoes and either black pants or tan/khaki shorts/capris (depending on the time of year).
If your child is contagious, vomiting or has a fever, please do not send him/her to rehearsal.
Check your email, the YMS Facebook page, and the YMS Instagram account for possible inclement weather cancellations.
We will be sending out monthly emails which will contain important information about rehearsals and performances. These emails will also contain links to choreography videos as well as links to rehearsal recordings of the music. It is important that your singer has access to these links and information, so if you are not receiving these emails, please let the directors know ASAP.